Monday, March 30, 2009

The final cut

So I watched the full near 7 hour long Coheed and Cambria box set of their Neverender concerts. To say the least, it was epic. Coheed and Cambria has four albums currently (they happen to be working on a fifth, which is actually a prequel, at the moment), and over the course of four nights, they performed all of the albums in sequential order. Not only does it include the four concert nights on DVD, but it also includes a documentary DVD.  As my friend who watched the box set with me and I are huge Coheed fans, watching every song that they have ever released, most of which we had never seen live, was amazing. The documentary was great as well. I learned a lot about the origins of the band and small bits of information that I did not know before. Overall it was a great experience, and well worth the high price tag I payed for it. I even got a signed certificate of authentification, and my name is in the included book as one of the first 3000 people who ordered it!

Tonight's episode of "Castle" was entertaining. I'm still afraid that the premise of the show will get repetitive, but I guess this is how all of the crime shows work, right? Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic are great working together.

I still have not seen "I Love You, Man," which disappoints me. I just haven't gotten around to it. I usually only have a chance to see movies on weekends, and I was with friends doing other things the whole weekend. "Observe and Report" comes out April 10, and I am looking forward to seeing that when it comes out (Seth Rogan is hilarious), and I'm considering seeing "Fast and Furious," which comes out this Friday, as well. I've only ever seen the first movie in the series of these action movies starring Vin Diesel before, but apparently this is a re-envisioning of the series of some sort, and plus, Vin is a great guy. Actor and game designer? Awesome.

I'm currently watching Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. I haven't been watching every episode recently, but I'm still enjoying the show. Bill Hader is on tonight's show, can't wait for that. Another of my favorite comedic actors. Also, Glasvegas is on tonight's show! Amazing band, I hope they play their song "Geraldine."

Edit: They did.

No comments:

Post a Comment