Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tell me a story

I know what you're saying, another blog update so soon? Believe it. Two epic events happened today that made me feel the necessity to write a blog post, and they were both album releases.

First off, the new album "Swoon" by the Silversun Pickups came out today. Like I said in my last blog post, it's been up on MTV's "The Leak" for a week or so now, so I've already heard it, but it's just that amazing. The second album that came out wasn't even scheduled to come out until April 28, but apparently Great Northern decided to release their album on iTunes two weeks early! This one is entitled "Remind Me Where the Light Is", and is a great follow-up to their first album "Trading Twilight for Daylight". Personally, I prefer their previous effort, but the new album is great as well! So far my favorites off the album are "Story", "Houses", and "Mountain".

I've also been listening to a few bands a bit that people have suggested I listen to. One of them is Jupiter Sunrise, a nice mellow band that Ms. Tara Klaus pointed me in the direction of. I'm a sucker for female singers. There are a few more that I can't remember the names of at the moment, but needless to say, Tara and I introduce each other to new music all the time.

So I said my last blog entry would be a quick one and it actually ended up being fairly long, but this one really will be short. Now just wait for the next exciting installment of "Slowly the Pen Touches Paper"!

1 comment:

  1. I like that sign-off. I used to do the same in my old LiveJournal posts.

    ReplyDelete